Monday, September 23, 2013

MAKE YOUR OWN ALL NATURAL MAKEUP

HOMEMADE FACE POWDER FOUNDATION







I love using natural mineral makeup because I want to put makeup on my skin that has natural properties and I don't like to look like I have a lot of makeup on. I believe that makeup is suppose enhance your NATURAL BEAUTY. Mineral makeup suppose to better for the skin, because it doesn't contains oils, talc, perfume, dyes, alcohol and other harsh chemicals. Mineral makeup is very light weight, leaves your skin glowing and looks very natural. Buying mineral makeups can get pricey and you can't control the ingredients, so I decided to make my own All Natural Cocoa Face Powder Foundation so that I can have control over the price and the ingredients.



Cover Queen Collection Loose Powder and Bare Mineral Mineral Veil


I have Bare Minerals Mineral Veil  and Cover Girl's Queen Collection Professional loose powder the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil is little pricey $20.00 for such a small container  however, the Cover Girl's Queen Collections Professional Loose Powder was a reasonable price $8.99 and a pretty nice size. I wanted to know the ingredients so that I can make my own for the fraction of the price. I started researching the ingredients and found that a lot of the mineral makeup's main ingredients are Corn Starch. Zincs and Magnesium- there's no telling what other hidden ingredients or chemicals are in mineral makeups. So the best way to know what you're getting is to make your own. Not only do you control the ingredients your control the price and you just might already have all the ingredients needed to make your own all natural face powder/foundation right in your kitchen especially if you have children because we will be using Unsweetened  Cocoa Powder to make our natural face powder.
 
 
 

Benefits of Cocoa Powder
 
 
The benefit for using Cocoa Powder is that it's inexpensive and you can find it in your local grocery stores. Make sure that you purchase Unsweetened Cocoa Powder the only ingredient on the label should be Cocoa Powder.
 
Cocoa Powder is rich in antioxidants. It's loaded with iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium you'll find these same ingredients in the name brand mineral powders you'll find in top department stores 
 
Cocoa Powder rejuvenates the skin by leaving it glowing, soft and supple and it's also natural sun skin it protects the skin from sunburn. It's safe for all skin types.
 



Cornstarch, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and Arrowroot Powder


I found a few recipes that used Unsweetened  Cocoa Powder and Cornstarch or Arrowroot Powder. I had all these ingredients in my kitchen so I gave it a try. I love that I only have to use two ingredients they are all natural and very budget friendly.The cornstarch was about $1.00 the Cocoa Powder was about $2.00 and the Arrowroot powder was $4.99 for a 16 oz bag from Nature's Garden Whole Sale Candles and Soap Supplies. So that's a total of $8.00 for all the ingredients. The cost will be even cheaper because you don't have to use the Arrowroot Powder and the Cornstarch unless you want to test the two to find out which one works best for you.


 

 
 
TIME TO MAKE YOUR OWN NATURAL FACE POWDER
 
  This is a comparison of the Queen Collection press mineral powder and the Cocoa face powder I made. I really couldn't tell the difference the color looks the same and the texture is the same.  



                                This is the All Natural Cocoa Face Powder I made
 
    I made my own natural face powder foundation and I absolutely love it.  I will not buy mineral makeup from a department or drug store again. My homemade face powder compared to the store brands was unbelievable! The feel of my homemade face powder felt better on my skin, the face powder felt light and smooth and was very easy to blend. My face had a natural glow I didn't look like I had makeup on. The aroma of the face powder is delicious ( just like hot cocoa) the smell wasn't overpowering and I didn't smell like hot cocoa all day.  

  This was so easy to make I just mixed 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder ( you can use cornstarch) and 2 tablespoons of Cocoa powder, mix together in a container and you're all done. You will have to adjust the amount of Cocoa Powder and the starch you use to find the perfect match for your skin tone. If you are fair complexioned add more starch if you're more deep complexioned add more Cocoa Powder.  

Here's a video showing how to make a Natural Face Powder I found on YouTube




Give it a try and let me know how your All Natural Face Powder/ Foundation turned out. I really LOVE beauty on a budget this recipe will save you so much money and the added bonus is it's all natural !

No comments:

Post a Comment